POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Worldbowl Edition 2003 : Worldbowl Edition 2003 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Worldbowl Edition 2003
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 14 Jan 2003 09:54:25
Message: <3e2424a1@news.povray.org>
Hi folks!

After getting depressed that my Particle-System will never ever
be finished... ;-)
Well, I decided it was the time to begin and try to make an image
worth of Zazzle. Instead of beginning with something totally new,
I've took my Worldbowl, IRTC-Entry of 2002 "Worlds within Worlds",
and refined the code, adding new stuff and increasing the detail.

Some things I did:
-The "curved" surfaces from the notebook are now modelling with
 smooth-triangles, requiring less triangles, but achieving a smoother
 look nontheless.
-The flipped page has now a calculated proper length.
-Scattering-Media inserted into the worldbowl for a pleasing view
-Moon is now properly lit by a "sun", to achieve a realistic shading,
 I've also put a bump-map on it.
-Its raining outside, as we can see on the window
-The flowers were exchanged with more detailed ones I made while
 working on the Vegetation-Macros (which are at pause right now)
-The vase was taken from "Gerberas" because its very detailed and
 because of a different aspect I wanted to keep

Things that are missing in this render:
-All the clouds
-A higher resolution for the heightfield (wasn't required for this size of
render)

Things to do:
-Refine the table
-Add more things
-Change the text on the notebook to something more artistic
-Perhaps change the picture on the wall
-Work on the textures

Any suggestions what people would expect on window-panes, on a
table, and perhaps in that corner behind the Worldbowl, where one
can hardly reach something?

Regards,
Tim

--